Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Waiting

Another of my old OA study buddies has left the States for his new post in Beijing. The last of my study group leaves for Sao Paulo in a couple of months. I'm now waiting for the results of the PNQ, and I can't imagine I'll have much to post about until I find out.

On a related note, ITMTGP has the greatest (and saddest) post on seeing one's time on the registry come and go with no offer. I'll probably re-link to it when my current candidacy expires, sometime in September.

Mission: Foreign Service, who had disappeared after not getting through the QEP stage, has made a reappearance. Hopefully for some time to come.

Coincidentally, Valdesse also has a recent posting on his immersion program in Turkish. Sadly, the Mrs. and I are also thinking learning a .4 language might be the only route to go to be "guaranteed" an offer over the next couple of years.

No real plot or purpose to this post, I'm just waiting. Anyhew, best of luck everyone on getting through the next stage.

3 comments:

I'll Take Mine... said...

Thanks for the link-to. And good luck with the waiting. And egads… are you two really thinking about starting a .4 language?

fsowannabe said...

Yeah...the language thing is pretty crazy, but with the lists still getting longer and with a decrease in A-100 classes, I imagine unless you really know you can knock the OA out of the park, the only guarantee is a .4. I wonder what the typical increase in OA scores is for second rounders? I tend to think most people who repeat this process get around the same score - but who really knows.

I'll Take Mine... said...

What do you think the budget will do to FS salary/ hiring in the future? I know it's all speculation, but what are your thoughts? You could email me if you'd prefer. wandertrav@gmail.com