Sunday, April 19, 2009

Slacker isn't the 14th Dimension

So...it's been a while.  My bad.  No, really, my bad.  I certainly have plenty of entertaining excuses - new baby daughter...old baby daughter becoming a toddler...some health issues...a potential layoff turned into a payoff situation...some more health issues...some family drama.  That being said, I never finished my registration last year.  I also think the personal narratives and detailed employment history threw me for a loop.  Back in my day (imagine geezer voice here), it was a simple process to take the exam, just sign up and pay the fee.

So I let my application for the November exam lapse without registration.  And now it begins again.

Luckily for me, the Department of State has changed the requirements.  Now, the personal narrative is required after you take the exam.  That's more my speed right now.

So, me and Mrs. FSOwannabe are taking the June exam.  She picked the public diplomacy cone and I've picked the economic cone - with the idea that if we happen to win the lottery and both get in, we'll have a better chance of getting tandem assignments. 

Wish us luck. 

3 comments:

Consul-At-Arms said...

Best of luck this June!

fsowannabe said...

Thanks for dropping by! And thanks for your blog, it's been a real inspiration over the last year.

Consul-At-Arms said...

You're very welcome. Best of luck.

Now I've got to go read your lastest post....