Thursday, April 15, 2010

Update Interlude

Probably won't be much posting for a bit. I'm knee deep in preparing for the move - stage one begins tomorrow while the Mrs. and the little rug rats are out of town for the weekend. I was going to go with them, but thought it offered a great opportunity to move the kids' rooms all at once. My eldest has been pretty funny about the move. She's excited about the new house, but keeps checking to make sure I'll remember to move her bookcase, her toys, and, oh yeah, her bed.

Some good news - the buyers from hell backed down from their crazy, crazy, crazy position, so hopefully we will be mortgage free by the end of the month.

The Mrs. is a fan of Frightened Rabbit, and this tune reminds me of our state of the process towards FS-ness.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's wonderful!! I'm so glad to hear that there's less crazy going on and that you're still on the road toward a sale!

That's just some fabulous news!

Bfiles said...

hope the move goes well! glad to hear about the movers, fingers crossed.

Brooke S. said...

Reading 3-5 at a time is a perfectly natural, and wonderful sign of a reader. I have that many stacked up against my night stand at any given moment.

I don't think that I will be doing tandem work with my husband, though the information officer position did spark my interest at one point. I'm more interested in doing local development though literacy and libraries wherever we are. If there are local libraries I'd like to strengthen them, if there aren't, I'd like to see what I can do about partnering with international library associations to bring materials there. I'm not sure how all that will work out on the ground, but I'm excited to see!

I'm also a book artist and binder and it's a hobby that could keep me busy for decades. I wouldn't mind trekking my studio around with us and just making books day in and day out :)