Friday, August 13, 2010

Crack Open the Wine!

So the last two people from my OA study session found out they have FINALLY made it on to the register! It only took 6+ months. They are both Public Diplomacy cone, so they are joining an already too long register. Luckily, one has a good chance of getting the call for October. The other needs to brush up his Arabic for the extra points. I am so happy for our group. Everyone passed, and now everyone is on the register. Congratulations, guys!


Sorry, ITMTGP, I know the last thing you want to hear is more PD people getting on the register. I hate this process, too.

UPDATE: Gah! My fellow study-buddy who I thought for sure would get an offer for October missed out by a hair on getting an offer. He's 20 or so out of 174 on the PD register. Who knows were he'll be by the next class. I hate this process.

6 comments:

I'll Take Mine... said...

Naw, I'm happy for your peeps. They deserve it. That's great that you all made it. Maybe you could email me some tips from your study group that might benefit my husband if he gets to go to "OA, round 2, revenge of the BEX". ?? (That's a B movie horror flick.)
Are YOU now active? Or still DNC?

I'll Take Mine... said...

*knock *knock*
Hey, you still out there?

Anonymous said...

If you post any study group tips can you please do so online. It is amazing that your entire group passed and the rest of us would love to know the secret of your success!

A Daring Adventure said...

Just stopped by to let you know that you're missed. :) Hope all is well there... know you must be busy... but just wanted to say hi!

DTO said...

Wanted to leave a note to see how things are going. I've appreciated your blog as I'm only a few spots below you on the register. With current trends I am definitely feeling hopeless. Wondering what you are reading in the tea leaves these days.

Mover & Shaker said...

FSO Wannabe-- I just read your entire blog from 2008 to August 2010. I'm planning on starting the FSO process and wondering where the narrative of yours stands now... any updates from the last 5 months?
Thanks for all you've shared thus far...