Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mid Century Modern

So the remodel continues apace.  Painting will start soon.  The pool has finally been cleaned out of debris.  Still pretty nasty looking.  I am starting to toss around ideas for furnishing the new house.  I've decided to sell essentially everything I own other than heirlooms, and start over.  As part of the process of restoring the house, I'm considering restoring a mid-century modern aesthetic to the furnishings.  I'm definitely no hipster, but I grew up with MCM furniture, and it has always appealed to me.

Things I'm considering:

A Saarinen dining table with matching tulip chairs.


A Nelson saucer pendant light for the dining space


For the living room space, I'm looking at a Bantam type sofa.
I definitely need one of these Arco floor lamps.
And a Barcelona knock-off - I can't afford a real one.

And a Noguchi coffee table...
Here are the kitchen and living/dining space




And the pool sans ton of leaves and various dead animals...

No comments: