Saturday, December 15, 2012

New Hobbies

Several months ago I purchased a foreclosed home in my neighborhood.  It had been on the market for almost two years, and it was in need of serious work.  It had been under contract twice...only to have the prospective buyers walk away.  It finally dropped in price to a point where I HAD to go for it.  Funnily enough, my offer came in along with seven others - all from investors.  As I was the only offer with an intent to live in the house, the bank accepted my offer.  So for the next year, I'm going to restore this old girl.  Rehab involves a new roof, mold remediation in the crawlspace, installing drainage around the house, rehabbing an old pool, and lots of minor and not so minor stuff on the inside.  I'll fill you in on the updates.

Here's the front of the house

The backyard - underneath all of that is a pool.

Here's the pool without the chicken wire covering

Once the covering was removed, we discovered not only goldfish, but frogs and snakes, too.

No comments: