Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When It Rains...

I have to say, there are annus horribilis and then there are annus horribilis. I'm not sure I can handle another year like the past one, and I can't wait for 2012 to disappear. On top of the family woes that led to me turning down my offers, I have had some health issues. Health issues that may mean the FSOWannabe becomes an FSONever. I won't go into it, other than to say I thought things were okay...until I found out they were not. But I'm tired... and dealing with mortality at my tender age is not pleasant.

I've also recently lost a new friend, someone that actually encouraged me to continue my FSO quest.  And I think the loss was my fault.

On top of that, my workplace has been butchered. Massive layoffs, paycuts and promises of more to come. I have survived for now, but I'm not sure what the future holds. I'm losing colleagues and friends.  There's only one way this year could get worse, and that is if something happens to my daughters. And they've been damaged enough this year. Shitty, shitty year.

6 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

I'm so sorry - it sounds like an awful lot to deal with, in both senses. Wishing that you find hope and peace to hold on to and catch a break for the end of 2012 and the start of a new year. Will hold you in prayer.

Unknown said...

So sorry to read this. I have enjoyed your posts and really appreciate that you took the time to give advice to FSOWannabes that have come after you. I particularly like what you wrote about writing Personal Narratives. Hang in there. You have more fans than you realize, from all corners of the globe.

GH said...

Life can be really rough at times! I too am happy to say goodbye to 2012. I am sad to hear about your health problem and also the possible end of your pursuit as an FSO. I have always enjoyed your blog.

Shannon said...

I am so sorry that this year has sucked. I hope that the new year finds you in better health and is just better all around. Hand in there. I am glad you started blogging again.

Bfiles said...

so sorry for all you have been through. Hope 2013 is worlds better.

fsowannabe said...

Thanks all for your comments and kindness. And forgive my whingeing