Sunday, March 28, 2010

Moving!

No, not the blog. The FSOWannabe's are moving. We've decided to rent a new place about a mile from where we currently live. Our current lease ends this month, and by chance we saw a nicer house for rent that fits our needs pretty well (i.e., it's bigger, in better condition and has a nice backyard for the little ones to ride their bikes). So a new lease has been signed, and we're starting to get ready to move. We're going to double-up the leases for April in order to spend the time going through all of our stuff and deciding what to take with us to the new place, what to donate, what to sell and what to trash. I consider it practice before we eventually have a real pack-out experience.

For those with tons of moves under your belt, do you have any advice?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry - no advice here! Wish I did, though.

How about: do your best to keep your sanity! Moving is hard, let alone moving with children!

But doubling up on the lease sounds like quite a great way to save some sanity, so good call there!

Moving is so hard. Thinking of you guys! Hang in there...

Bfiles said...

hey there, glad you found my blog, I've been enjoying yours! Good luck w clearances. When will you take the Japanese exam? My husband is also an Econ candidate, takes the OA next week (fingers crossed). I'm Con.

Good luck w your move, I definitely think it will be great to pare down and organize with the luxury of time rather than the 4-6 weeks you'll get for A100. I look forward to reading more! Bridget

Donna said...

How about: Try not to be too sentimental or you won't be able to toss anything. Also, keep the snacks handy. That way, you can sneak up to the kitchen for snacks and pretend to be packing while you're secretly dumping tons of the work on your spouse and gorging on Cheetos. Also, I seem to recall they packed the trash bags before I finished throwing out the trash. That was bad. Don't do that.

That's all I've got. Good luck.

fsowannabe said...

Thanks for the advice everyone! I'm looking forward to the change in geography (even if it is just a mile).